Communication Studies majors are well positioned to take advantage of internship opportunities in a wide variety of communication-related fields including public relations, television production, event planning, non-profit management, and health communication. Since the college is located outside of Trenton in between Philadelphia and New York, many major companies and organizations regularly solicit interns from the department. Qualified students in every track who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
To arrange an internship:
- See if you qualify and have room on your schedule.
- Find a faculty advisor who will sponsor your internship.
- Find and secure an internship with your organization of choice.
- Complete an Internship Contract (a written proposal and the enrollment form)
- Get all the required signatures and drop off the proposal and form at Records & Registration (Green Hall, Room 112)
(If you have additional questions, consult the policy info: Internship Policy Information)
The following are some of the places our students have interned in recent years:
Public and Mass
Lourdes Health Systems
Family Resource Center
The Charlie Rose Show
Princeton HealthCare System
John Wells Productions
The Daily Show/The Colbert Report
New Jersey Motion Picture Office
Edelman Public Relations
Toy R Us
OUT in New Jersey
Superior Court of New Jersey
Princeton Professional Associates
U.S. Department of Labor